Foot peg lowering blocks - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By fatrider
  • 1 Post By czrlaker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Foot peg lowering blocks

I just ordered these, looking forward to a little more leg room.
https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...s-for-kawasaki
Jadar671 and Me2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:33 AM

Oh nice. Let us know what you think. I could really use these.
Jadar671 likes this.

WhitexShadow
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 01:52 AM

How do you like them? Do the pegs scrape easier?. How does it affect shifting and rear braking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

They are a solid fit, it’s interesting how only 1.3 inches lower makes a difference. I haven’t scraped, although I don’t ride turns very aggressive. I may lower the rear brake just a bit, the clutch lever height still feels fine, no need to adjust that.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 06:45 AM

Hi, did you think about the high seat or were the pegs a better option? I get knee pain after about an hour and was wondering what the best option was.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

I thought about the higher seat but decided to try lowering the pegs first, it was also cheaper. I wanted to get a Corbin custom seat in the future and I just found one on eBay for a great deal. Someone else on the forum has positive experience with the tall seat, I’m sure it would help you, especially if you combined the lower pegs too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 PM

6 feet tall here. Z650 felt a little cramped at first when stock in the showroom. I had a 2007 Ninja650 that was always comfortable so I didn't think much of it when I was in the showroom. But after a 200 mile ride, my hamstrings and hips were so incredibly tight and cramped up. This weekend I did the tall seat first, which didn't do much for the cramped feeling. It definitely "felt" higher as the ability to flatfoot the bike was noticeably harder, but I still just felt cramped.

Then I added the footpeg lowering kit from Motowerk. Immediately bummed out, I hopped on while parked and the shifter didn't need to be adjusted and the brake pedal didn't seem out of whack either. I then added the brake nut adjustment from Motowerk, which is literally useless as the stud coming from the brake mechanism is too long to allow for any actual adjustment.

All that said, I don't know how it happens. But when you actually ride the bike with the lowered footpegs, it feels like a different machine. No cramped feeling, it feels so much more flickable. It honestly doesn't make sense. I've done a bunch of mods and these are by far the best money spent.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page