Bar ends are loose/allen spins freely. - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nkbd357

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Bar ends are loose/allen spins freely.

In an attempt to self-install bar end mirrors I was unable to remove the ends due to not having a 'heat' gun or impact drill/allen combo. I asked the dealer to remove the bar ends for me while on a first service and do the install. They were unwilling to do any kind of mod but the tech agreed to loosen the bar end screws so I could do the mod myself.

When I got home and attempted to unscrew the allen bolt that was firmly in place previously rotated albeit sluggishly. However it seems the interior is rotating as well as the bolt never backs out. The bar ends spin freely as well. I can't remember if it was rigid or if it spins previously.

Does anyone know the solution? Bike safe to ride in the mean-time? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM

It's safe to ride, but the interior weight is now spinning freely. The only way to remove it will be either with heat to break down the red locktite, or with an impact while pulling back on the bar end. They are a pain in the ass to deal with. I don't know why Kawasaki chose to go this route.

Bored? Looking for info? Check here: www.tremonte.tv
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 06:28 PM

Garage
seems for $60 this is easier route to take...LOL maybe/maybe not
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ka...0hhf/handlebar

Last edited by Jadar671; 06-13-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Tremonte been following your youtube channel since I stumbled across it. Used your videos for frame sliders and fender eliminator install. Thanks.
Tremonte likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just wanted to throw it out there in case it happened to anyone. I accidentally pushed the weight in too far. I had to buy a longer bolt, and since I had 12 gauge wire handy, I tied it around the head of the bolt and pulled... and pulled... And pulled until it very slowly pulled the weight back out to it's normal position. 😕

WhitexShadow
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrlaker View Post
Just wanted to throw it out there in case it happened to anyone. I accidentally pushed the weight in too far. I had to buy a longer bolt, and since I had 12 gauge wire handy, I tied it around the head of the bolt and pulled... and pulled... And pulled until it very slowly pulled the weight back out to it's normal position. 😕
Thank you for this. I got my passenger side one off, but the weight was a bit pushed in when I went to put it back on. Thanks to your advice I put the bolt in and got a few threads in, and then gave it a few good pulls to get it back in the right position. Took longer than I wanted, but the new grip on the left side looks and feels good. Saving the right side for another day though I think.

Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page