First Modifications - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

First Modifications

Anyone have any idea of what their first modifications will be? Do you have a go-to regiment of things you'll change?

Majority of people do like to immediately jump and do a tail-tidy, then exhaust (slip-on or complete), and then follow with others.

What are you guys thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:52 AM

Indeed, a tail tidy is first on my to-do list. The stock tail sticks out way to far.
After that I was thinking about that little smoked windscreen.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:41 PM

depending on what the brakes are like, I might or might not change the pads, but that won't happen nearly as soon as a fender eliminator kit.
my eye is on hawk like a hawk for these pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

A lot of people are definitely a go-to towards pads for when they need more bite. Then you have the guys that want to go straight and start changing calipers and all that stuff and I just think it's too much. Unless you plan on going out to the tracks and going crazy, okay fine. But for a regular commuter, I really think some pads with more bite would be great.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
A lot of people are definitely a go-to towards pads for when they need more bite. Then you have the guys that want to go straight and start changing calipers and all that stuff and I just think it's too much. Unless you plan on going out to the tracks and going crazy, okay fine. But for a regular commuter, I really think some pads with more bite would be great.
To be realistic there's not going to be any reasonable sample size of Z650 owners heading to the track any time soon which completely negates reasons for upgrading calipers and overall going that far.

Best to start with the smaller more realistic things. Pads are it along with anything else as an incremental upgrade to fill in where there might be a lack of what we actually need.

Go do the research for yourself and see what's logical.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 03:38 AM

Most likely the generic things to begin with like sliders, case cover, and all manners of protective pieces in case the Z650 ever takes a dive or someone tips it over. I've learned the hard way that these things can save a lot of money... After that, who knows... Extra seat padding perhaps?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowasaki View Post
Most likely the generic things to begin with like sliders, case cover, and all manners of protective pieces in case the Z650 ever takes a dive or someone tips it over. I've learned the hard way that these things can save a lot of money... After that, who knows... Extra seat padding perhaps?
Thinking about inserting a gel pad or something?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:59 PM

I heard that memory foam seat pads can work out better, just depends on who you are, hence why i always recommend that people go to motorcycle shows, you can test a wide variety of them, probably more than any moto shop near you.

Aside from that you have to depend on reviews, sometimes taking a gamble, buying and trying for yourself.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:17 AM

Ordered a fender eliminator from R&G, should arrive in 2 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RG fender.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	202  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:18 AM

Arrow has released their set of exhausts for the Z650. Must say, that dark alu looks nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrow Z650.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	210  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page