RIP to my Gixxer - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Red Hat

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

RIP to my Gixxer

Don't worry, I didn't wipe out or have anything crazy done to it. I've come to that point in my riding experience that bikes as powerful as Gixxers have gotten old to me. Time to move onto more relaxed riding which is where the Z650 comes in, being lower in power, having a more upright riding position, etc.

What is everyone riding around here currently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 07:20 PM

My thought was exactly that you wiped out on it when I read RIP. Glad to have the sigh of relief to know all is well!

Ever think of getting a small 125cc bike ? I know quite a few people that went from high powered bikes that eventually just went tiny lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

I might for local hoonage and errands but so far there isn't much of a need to go that route. If I was planning to get a bigger (liter) bike then I would seriously consider a 125-200. Reason for going 650 is to find that perfect medium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 03:23 PM

Nice that makes sense. Nothing too crazy, but something tame enough. Nice commuter size and to get around and what not.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:22 AM

Welcome.

Sounds like a sensible size of bike for your needs. 650cc is kind of a sweet spot for road bikes I think. They are more than fast enough to keep up with traffic, cruise on the freeway, and have fun in the twisties, but still light, compact, and economical enough to commute and be the everyday 'do it all' bike. Perfect for those of us who can only afford a one bike garage.
roadhawk likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
Welcome.

Sounds like a sensible size of bike for your needs. 650cc is kind of a sweet spot for road bikes I think. They are more than fast enough to keep up with traffic, cruise on the freeway, and have fun in the twisties, but still light, compact, and economical enough to commute and be the everyday 'do it all' bike. Perfect for those of us who can only afford a one bike garage.
Yes.

Being a person that has downsized from a house it's the route I want to take, although I have two parking spots at my condo with an empty space for just one bike... for now.

The way I envisioned it, this Z650 will keep me busy till i'm ready to hit up Ducati for an 1199

I think this is what bike makers realized with other 600's from the past, the Honda CBR600 as a good example.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 PM

Have you tried looking at the 939 ?? By the time your ready, the 939 should be selling for some good time and they do sound quite promising

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page