Middle weight fight - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Middle weight fight

Prior to the z650 hitting the market, Yamaha claimed their new bike would beat out both the Suzuki SV650 and that Yamaha MT-07. In such a competitive class, it's forcing each manufacturer to push the boundaries of their new models. I think personal preferences are going to win out over any possible shortcomings of each model. Here's a quick technical breakdown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z650vsrivals.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	4451  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 05:26 PM

There have been lots of tests and reviews by now. I don't think there is any argument as far as which bike is fastest.
The FZ-07/MT-07 is quickest of the bunch with the SV just a tiny bit behind. The extra weight of the SV doesn't help it there.
The Z650 slowest of the bunch but feels lighter on it's feet than the SV that's for sure.

In my case, the ergos of the Z (and the Ninja) fit me to a T. The Yammy seat height is a tad high for me and the SV is larger than the others overall and you can feel the extra weight. However in my opinion, the Suzuki V-twin is the best motor of all three.

I'm not getting along well with the bar vibrations of the Ninja and it will be going I'm afraid. I'll either buy a new SV650 or a used Triumph Street Triple. But the bike that makes me smile and fits me best....is the Ninja and the Z.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page