Delkevic exhausts - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Delkevic exhausts

Looks like Delkevic exhausts are available, on their website (Delkevic.us) and on ebay. Look OK, and they say they are LOUD, but I have never heard of them. Been around for 5 years they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM

Found a video of it on a Ninja 650. Not too sure how I feel about the sound but it could just be terrible video quality

post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Hard to tell with a recording of sound, but I'm thinking that is too loud for a ride of more than, say, about 2 minutes? I know loud sells pipes, but some of us are respectful of neighbors, aging eardrums, and negative comments about motorcyclists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 02:39 PM

Definitely don't want to be that guy that's the nuisance everywhere you go with the obnoxiously loud pipes
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACoH View Post
Looks like Delkevic exhausts are available, on their website (Delkevic.us) and on ebay. Look OK, and they say they are LOUD, but I have never heard of them. Been around for 5 years they say.
I happen to live in Colorado about 30 minutes away from Delkevic office. I am trying to see if I can stop by their office and grab some pics for you guys and maybe get a little more info on their exhausts. If they let me visit, what else would you guys like to know? From their website, it seems like they have quite a few different style exhausts for Z650.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Garage
I was literally looking up a bunch a videos for Delkevic exhausts last night. They have a video for the Z650 with the 8" mini on which is what I was originally looking at. Based on a different video though, they said the mini was the loudest out of the ones they sold. Another guy said his friends had the 9" and 14" and they were quieter than the mini. So yea, getting some confirmation on what one is the quietest would be great . Im probably gonna get the 14" and hope.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 02:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodipop View Post
I was literally looking up a bunch a videos for Delkevic exhausts last night. They have a video for the Z650 with the 8" mini on which is what I was originally looking at. Based on a different video though, they said the mini was the loudest out of the ones they sold. Another guy said his friends had the 9" and 14" and they were quieter than the mini. So yea, getting some confirmation on what one is the quietest would be great . Im probably gonna get the 14" and hope.
Would you mind sharing the video you were looking at? I was looking at the 8" and 10" ones and I like the carbon fiber 10" one quite a bit. Will go well with my black Z650, I think.
If you are ready to order, you can maybe call them? Their website lists a phone number for them:

I have been looking at these here: Delkevic USA | Motorcycle Mufflers | Slip-on Silencers | Exhaust Systems
http://stores.ebay.com/delkevicus09/?_dmd=1&_nkw=z650

14" carbon looks pretty decent too. I think someone somewhere posted about ordering that one. I seem to lose track of all the videos and links I see..lol
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Hi All!
My name is Janielle and I'm the US branch manager for Delkevic. I currently ride a 2014 Ninja 650 with our 8" mini carbon pipe. If there is a dealer sign up, please send me in the right direction, I only got the free sign up when I registered.

I've lived in Denver my whole life and have always loved cars. I got sort of sucked into the motorcycle business and have been running Delkevic for four and half years and been riding for two and half. I'm definitely a fair weather rider and I always joke I'm probably the girliest girl on a bike with a fendi backpack

A bit about Delkevic, we started in the UK in 2007 and opened our shop here in 2009. We've since opened shops in Australia and Japan. A lot of people have heard of us and a lot haven't. I always say a good general rule to follow with any aftermarket exhaust is the shorter it is, the louder it will be. The only exception is if the bike has a catalytic converter, then no pipe is too loud IMHO. There isn't an audible sound difference between the 8" and 9" mufflers brand new. If you have a db reader there will be a tiny difference but the construction is the same and the only true difference is 1" of fiberglass packing. The 8/9" mufflers are great for around town riding where you want to be heard and don't have strict noise ordinances. If you ride for longer than an hour or are concerned about sound I would suggest a 13/14" length. The 13/14" mufflers still have a very decent amount of sound with the baffle out and cars will hear you accelerating but they can also be quiet with the clutch in or in low RPM. You have a lot more control over the amount of sound with your riding with the longer mufflers. There are differences in the materials stainless v carbon but the overall loudness follows the length.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or message us through our website. I'm happy to support your forum as a rider and dealer and answer any questions or concerns anyone here has.
Cheers
Janielle
S2K_MoZo, Lowball and Daniel Roth like this.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K_MoZo View Post
Would you mind sharing the video you were looking at? I was looking at the 8" and 10" ones and I like the carbon fiber 10" one quite a bit. Will go well with my black Z650, I think.
If you are ready to order, you can maybe call them? Their website lists a phone number for them:

I have been looking at these here: Delkevic USA | Motorcycle Mufflers | Slip-on Silencers | Exhaust Systems
http://stores.ebay.com/delkevicus09/?_dmd=1&_nkw=z650

14" carbon looks pretty decent too. I think someone somewhere posted about ordering that one. I seem to lose track of all the videos and links I see..lol
Thia is the one I found and the only one on the Z650
I think it sounds a lot better than the other videos with them on different bikes. Its got a nice growl to it. And truthfully, it doesn't even sound that loud at all so idk if it just depends on the type of bike or not. Sounds horrible on Suzuki bikes Ive noticed.
S2K_MoZo likes this.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 07:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janielle View Post
Hi All!
My name is Janielle and I'm the US branch manager for Delkevic. I currently ride a 2014 Ninja 650 with our 8" mini carbon pipe. If there is a dealer sign up, please send me in the right direction, I only got the free sign up when I registered.

I've lived in Denver my whole life and have always loved cars. I got sort of sucked into the motorcycle business and have been running Delkevic for four and half years and been riding for two and half. I'm definitely a fair weather rider and I always joke I'm probably the girliest girl on a bike with a fendi backpack

A bit about Delkevic, we started in the UK in 2007 and opened our shop here in 2009. We've since opened shops in Australia and Japan. A lot of people have heard of us and a lot haven't. I always say a good general rule to follow with any aftermarket exhaust is the shorter it is, the louder it will be. The only exception is if the bike has a catalytic converter, then no pipe is too loud IMHO. There isn't an audible sound difference between the 8" and 9" mufflers brand new. If you have a db reader there will be a tiny difference but the construction is the same and the only true difference is 1" of fiberglass packing. The 8/9" mufflers are great for around town riding where you want to be heard and don't have strict noise ordinances. If you ride for longer than an hour or are concerned about sound I would suggest a 13/14" length. The 13/14" mufflers still have a very decent amount of sound with the baffle out and cars will hear you accelerating but they can also be quiet with the clutch in or in low RPM. You have a lot more control over the amount of sound with your riding with the longer mufflers. There are differences in the materials stainless v carbon but the overall loudness follows the length.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or message us through our website. I'm happy to support your forum as a rider and dealer and answer any questions or concerns anyone here has.
Cheers
Janielle
Thanks for the info! I didn't think we'd be lucky enough to get a manager from delkevic in here. I m not sure if there is a dealer signup however the description in the vendor forum section says "Supporting Vendors Only. If you wish to become a Supporting Vendors, please contact [email protected]". Once again Im not sure if this is for Z650 sellers only or related products as well but its my best guess to your question. I would just use the contact us link at the bottom and ask.

Do you have the info for decibel levels of the exhausts for the Z650? It would be really great if you you post them so we could get a comparison of all the different exhausts and the difference with and without the baffle in.
S2K_MoZo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page