Need some advice on a new exhaust - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Need some advice on a new exhaust

I want to get new exhaust, preferably a slip on since I know nothing about dyno tuning. My biggest thing is volume and since manufacturers don't think its wise to list the decibels of their exhausts, its really difficult for me to make a decision. Ive seen almost every YouTube video. I love the way the Yoshimura sounds but in Tremotes comparison video, I really cant tell a difference with and without the db killer. I want to get a nicer sound with a db level as close to stock as possible. I know everything will be louder than stock. Can anyone on here who has an after market exhaust tell me what they have and what their db is (preferably with a silencer in)? Also I like the Arrow exhaust a lot but I guess you can only get it on a Spanish site? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Im in the same boat. I want a slip on because I want the sound. I couldn't care less about the performance gain, this is my first bike and it is powerful enough for me. Plus it sounds like I will have to spend over 1k for the full exhaust + tuner + paying for the mapping/flash. However I haven't been able to find a slip on for this bike. I thought the arrow was a slip on, but after looking it a little closer it looks like the full pipes are necessary and they are just selling them separate on ebay. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Here is the snapshot of the arrow exhaust posting. It does say that you need the pipes. Comes out more expensive than the Yoshimura or Two Brothers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170718-182523_1500427779007.png
Views:	537
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	1313  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The image isnt working for me. That sucks though. I really wish they had a slip on because the exhaust didn't sound that loud and still had a deep sound to it. I feel like our options are so limited.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You can see it here. Sucks, I want a slip on too. You would think those are easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170718-182523-picsay_1500482139029.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1329  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:33 PM

I'm a believer in higher CC's = more of an excuse to spend more on exhaust systems. It helps too that bikes like this tend to be on longer term ownership, so budgeting for an Akra system ain't so bad after all
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:04 PM

I could be wrong here.. but I don't believe there are slip ons for this particular bike. That being said, Tremonte also did the dyno for the Yoshi, and a tune is not necessary for the exhaust. I think the non carbon one is 640'ish and the full carbon 740'ish. I have not tried the baffle in yet, but the youtube videos do it 0 justice. I cheaped out on my last bike and always kicked myself for getting the cheaper slip on, so for the full exhaust this time around, I went all out.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Players20 View Post
I could be wrong here.. but I don't believe there are slip ons for this particular bike. That being said, Tremonte also did the dyno for the Yoshi, and a tune is not necessary for the exhaust. I think the non carbon one is 640'ish and the full carbon 740'ish. I have not tried the baffle in yet, but the youtube videos do it 0 justice. I cheaped out on my last bike and always kicked myself for getting the cheaper slip on, so for the full exhaust this time around, I went all out.

I thought the one Tremonte got was a slip on? Grr.. I know a full exhaust is better but there's only so much mechanically I can do to the bike myself. I really don't want to mess with a full exhaust or pay a lot for someone else to do it on top of the price for the exhaust. I guess this will have to be a long term goal for the time being.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 11:21 PM

Nope. Mine is a full exhaust, headers and all. You can't get a slip on for the Z650. It's a one piece, welded design. It's super easy to install the Yoshimura Alpha, and no need for a dyno tune or fuel controller.
oldfart likes this.

Bored? Looking for info? Check here: www.tremonte.tv
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
So do we need the tuner when we install a full exhaust? My buddies have exhaust and always complain about it running too rich or lean. That and over a grand total on exhaust would suck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page