Two Brothers S1R - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: San Lorenzo, California
Posts: 25
Two Brothers S1R

So, I was on ebay looking for deals and came across the full two brothers system for the z650 brand new but open box test fitted for a ninja 650 and it didn't fit but never ran for $400. That's nearly half off so I snagged it. Anyone else have one? Hows it sound and how noticeable is the power loss without a tune? It should get here in about a week or so but I'm excited for it.
EvilBunny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
I have an S1R Black Carbon Fiber on mine. I bought a PC but haven't installed it yet. So far I haven't really noticed any difference in power levels. I talked to tech at Power Commander and he said to run the base map till I can get it dyno'd. I won't put the PC on now till Spring.

The most noticeable difference is the sound. IMO it sound badass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike After.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	752.4 KB
ID:	3122  
sakustoms is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Member
 
amire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
The most noticeable difference is the sound. IMO it sound badass.
Upload a video?
amire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: San Lorenzo, California
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
I have an S1R Black Carbon Fiber on mine. I bought a PC but haven't installed it yet. So far I haven't really noticed any difference in power levels. I talked to tech at Power Commander and he said to run the base map till I can get it dyno'd. I won't put the PC on now till Spring.

The most noticeable difference is the sound. IMO it sound badass.
Biggest question. Does it really shoot flames like in the vid from two brothers? That'd be sweet.
EvilBunny is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amire View Post
Upload a video?
Unfortunately the only video I have of it running is a crappy iphone video that makes it sound like a 2 stroke.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunny View Post
Biggest question. Does it really shoot flames like in the vid from two brothers? That'd be sweet.

Haha no it doesn't shoot flames. Maybe they have it running super rich in their video.
sakustoms is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: San Lorenzo, California
Posts: 25
Got it in this morning and i'll be installing it tomorrow. Kinda disappointing in the welds as they aren't done correctly but i'll let it slide.
amire likes this.
EvilBunny is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: San Lorenzo, California
Posts: 25
Alright, so I got it put on this morning and have been test riding it. It's pretty **** loud compared to stock but it sounds sweet. Mine doesn't have anywhere near as much swingarm clearance as sakustoms picture has. Doesn't seem to affect anything and it was a pretty quick swap. lots of that popping sound that exhausts get though.
amire likes this.
EvilBunny is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:53 PM
Member
 
amire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunny View Post
Alright, so I got it put on this morning and have been test riding it. It's pretty **** loud compared to stock but it sounds sweet. Mine doesn't have anywhere near as much swingarm clearance as sakustoms picture has. Doesn't seem to affect anything and it was a pretty quick swap. lots of that popping sound that exhausts get though.
Any chance of uploading a video?
amire is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: San Lorenzo, California
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by amire View Post
Any chance of uploading a video?
Not tonight but I can tomorrow.
EvilBunny is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunny View Post
Alright, so I got it put on this morning and have been test riding it. It's pretty **** loud compared to stock but it sounds sweet. Mine doesn't have anywhere near as much swingarm clearance as sakustoms picture has. Doesn't seem to affect anything and it was a pretty quick swap. lots of that popping sound that exhausts get though.
I adjusted the placement for maximum clearance and fit while I was tightening the whole thing up. At first it didn't have as much clearance but afterwards I was able to make it fit great.

I LOVE the sound of this system, even with the silencer in it. I can't imagine running without any silencer.
sakustoms is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome