Z650 Tire recommendation - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Z650 Tire recommendation

Hi,

Time to have my tires changed. Any better tires compared to the stock Dunlop Sportmax D214? Especially handling in wet weathers ..
tarzan1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Tremonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 262
Michelin Pilot Road 4.

Hands down one of the best all weather tires you can put on a bike. A little more pricey, but definitely worth it!

Bored? Looking for info? Check here: www.tremonte.tv
Tremonte is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 39
Garage
Quote:
Michelin Pilot Road 4.
I completely agree. I ran the Pilot Road 3's on my last bike. I put 16,000 km (Just about 10,000 miles) on them and they still had some life left in them. I took them off because of a huge trip I was going on and gave them to my friend who ran them on his R6 for a summer. I ended up replacing them with the Pilot Road 4's and was not disappointed at all. They are amazing tires in the rain and great in dry conditions. Still quite sticky after you warm them up. I can't wait to wear out the Dunlops on my Z650 so that I can upgrade to the PR4's. Highly recommend.
HandsomeHooligan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 134
How many miles you had with the stock tires?

My odometer reading is just over 11,300 km = 7021 miles.
Shamsul Kamal is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremonte View Post
Michelin Pilot Road 4.

Hands down one of the best all weather tires you can put on a bike. A little more pricey, but definitely worth it!
Thanks Tremonte ! Followed your youtube channel on the LED headlamp replacement, fantastic upgrade ! Kudos for the great video!

Next up will try the bar end mirrors, how's the rear vision on the mirrors?
tarzan1234 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeHooligan View Post
I completely agree. I ran the Pilot Road 3's on my last bike. I put 16,000 km (Just about 10,000 miles) on them and they still had some life left in them. I took them off because of a huge trip I was going on and gave them to my friend who ran them on his R6 for a summer. I ended up replacing them with the Pilot Road 4's and was not disappointed at all. They are amazing tires in the rain and great in dry conditions. Still quite sticky after you warm them up. I can't wait to wear out the Dunlops on my Z650 so that I can upgrade to the PR4's. Highly recommend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsul Kamal View Post
How many miles you had with the stock tires?

My odometer reading is just over 11,300 km = 7021 miles.
great! PS4 it is then Btw Shamsul how much are the PS4s in Malaysia.
tarzan1234 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 134
Price of PR4? I have no idea ?. Not shopping for tire at the moment.
Shamsul Kamal is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Tremonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 262
The rear vision is actually better than the stock, in my opinion. I can see around me much better. There is a little vibration at high speed, but nothing that obscures the view too much.

Bored? Looking for info? Check here: www.tremonte.tv
Tremonte is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Hey can the rear tires be changed to 170/xx/xx tired ?
tarzan1234 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan1234 View Post
Hey can the rear tires be changed to 170/xx/xx tired ?
tires...does it improve cornering performance? or grip on the road etc.
tarzan1234 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After 474 Miles On A 2017 Kawasaki Z650 ABS Kawasaki Z650 News 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 News 2 09-04-2017 05:03 AM
Kawasaki Z650 Modifications and Accessories Administrator 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 News 0 06-12-2017 01:23 PM
2017 Kawasaki Z650: Fun On Track And Road Kawasaki Z650 News 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 News 2 05-02-2017 03:36 PM
2017 Kawasaki Z650: First 100 Miles Review Kawasaki Z650 News 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 News 2 03-04-2017 01:35 AM
2017 Kawasaki Z650 Receives An 85% Editor Score Kawasaki Z650 News 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 News 2 12-10-2016 01:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome