Kawasaki Z650 banner

Stock Dunlops Dangerous?

7K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Britisher. 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Being a new owner, are these stock Dunlops decent enough to wear out and take in the twisties? Or should I be considering a swap asap?

Thanks

#2 ·
7600 miles in. Never had a problem, I know they aren't the best but nothing wrong with them IMO. But yes would be a nice upgrade, I will be changing my stock Dun's as they are wearing out, I'll be trying some of the recommended sets on the forum.

#7 ·
I've ridden about 10k kms on them now and still have some decent profile left. They've never given me a problem, they are a bit stiff compared to some higher end tyres and tend to chatter quite a bit in high lean angles but they are super predictable and most importantly they last a long time on this bike. A friend of mine has worn out his stock tyres on a MT/FZ 09 in about 3k kms (1350 miles approx).

#10 ·
I swapped mine out at 7,300, mainly because I picked up a nail in the rear. They still felt good, but upgrading did make a huge difference. I went with my favorite tried and true tires, Shinko Verge. I love these tires, this time I got the Verge 2 which is a dual compound. I regularly got 12-14k out of the original Verge, should get more out of the new model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.