Scott from SoCal - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Scott from SoCal

Just got my Z650 yesterday. Haven't rode since being a kid, but its been calling me. Kept the bike under 4-5K rpm yesterday to adhere to the "break-in" suggestion by Kawa. This is a great entry/re-entry level bike. I felt confident, its lightweight and my inseam is a little short, so being able to put my feet down solidly on the ground was awesome. Peg placement is a leg jabber, but can deal with that.

So, I believe I was running it a little hot by staying in a higher gear than needed to be.
Also, one of the big draws to this bike was the throttle being a little soft generally on the z650 (so I read). Mine is not.

The community aspect that bikers share is amazing. Already felt it even before I got the bike.

Big thanks to @Tremonte for some great videos on the bike! No BS, no hype, delivered like a conversation. Great job!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File_007.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	1897  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:49 AM

Welcome to the community! The bike runs on the warm side, totally normal. The throttle issue is due to the engine braking. I think Kawasaki went a little too aggressive on it to meet emission requirements. It's nothing a good ol' Rapid Bike doesn't fix though Thanks for watching and for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Bored? Looking for info? Check here: www.tremonte.tv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page