G2 Throttle Tamer - 2017+ Kawasaki Z650 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hazzardsky

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

G2 Throttle Tamer

With rain all day yesterday I took some time to install new grips finally (ProGrip Gel) and a G2 Street Tamer throttle tube.

I ordered this after I first got the bike, and had some issues with being smooth on the throttle at times. I think it was just me being a newer rider, and a new bike that I wasnt used to. Ive gotten the hang of it now, but still figure di'd try it out.

The install was pretty straightforward. Getting the bar ends off was the hardest part. Otherwise, two screws on the enclosure, and popping out the two throttle cables. Old throttle off, new tube on, and reassemble.

I took it out for a 20 mile ride this morning and I have to say it actually made more of a difference than I thought. The new tube smooths out the first half of the the throttle twist, and ramps up the send half. After getting used to it for a few times, rev matching is way smoother, and rolling on coming out of curves feels more controlled. I can shift my hand a little on the grip and not have it waver too much as well.

The new grips are pretty fantastic as well, and have reduced the little bit of fatigue I was getting after longer rides.

Overall, while I wasnt sure I would need it after getting used to the bike, i'm quite pleased with it. The construction was solid, well machined aluminum with texture in the center to help hold the grip.

I somehow lost the pictures I took during the install, but i'll add a picture of it installed with the new grips before I start my commute home this afternoon
Shamsul Kamal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 02:39 PM

nice!... Can you pls. post links where you ordered them?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher de Venecia View Post
nice!... Can you pls. post links where you ordered them?
https://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-stre...throttle-tube/

Ordered direct from manufacturer. Had it on my doorstep 3 days later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:55 AM

Thank you!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

While my last test run was a bit short, and on a fairly boring route, I got a chance to take it out today and put another 50 miles on it through some real nice roads winding through the reservoir.

It honestly feels like a whole different bike. The extra bit of control for the first half of the throttle is pretty awesome, and the extra control, which likely lead to a good bit more confidence on my end, made for a much more fun ride.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page