Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FI light came on the codes are showing 33 67
so that basically means as i researched that the code and it states as follows:
33 - Oxygen sensor #1 inactivation, wiring open or short (equipped models)
67 - Oxygen sensor heater malfunction, wiring open or short (equipped models)

Now the question I have is.. does that have any effects in regards of engine operation or something?
Because i've researched online and found that its only because of emmission regulations
Can someone advise if to take care of it or just turn off the FI light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found this at an Ebay page for O2 eliminator.. can someone provide more info?

The O2 sensor located inside the exhaust is used to detect the emissions from the engine.
The O2 sensors are fitted to enable the ECU to weaken the fuel mixture to comply with the emission standards
and in certain throttle positions (mainly mid-range) will try to lean the mixture too much.
This is good for the emissions but not for the performance and smoothness of the engine.​

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an o2 eliminator installed, and removed the o2 sensor from the exhaust. I have a power commander but I imagine even without it all would still run well. So you could remove IF the o2 sensor is the sensor being referred to in those two codes. The eliminator is just a couple of resistors sealed with epoxy onto a plug that will fit the factory wiring plug for the o2 sensor. It’s worth every penny at $20-25 because it’s waterproof.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Basically - if all that has failed is the sensor in the exhaust, you should be able to buy the eliminator and get rid of the CEL. These engines are tuned for mileage and emissions so running a little more rich can help the engine stay cooler and improve performance at the expense of gas mileage. I get 45 mpg on average

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this will help, but if you are looking for getting more power out of the engine, all I have done is swap the OEM exhaust for an aftermarket one (mine is a short Black Widow) and left the O2 sensor connected.
It may no have done anything to the top end speed, (it is just a 650 twin after all) but the engine runs smoothly and is much more lively - and noticeably quicker on the acceleration. Makes a nice noise too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this will help, but if you are looking for getting more power out of the engine, all I have done is swap the OEM exhaust for an aftermarket one (mine is a short Black Widow) and left the O2 sensor connected.
It may no have done anything to the top end speed, (it is just a 650 twin after all) but the engine runs smoothly and is much more lively - and noticeably quicker on the acceleration. Makes a nice noise too.
Yes same here well worth the outlay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts