Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm having some issues with my wife's 2017 Z650. It was purchased new and has 6500 miles on it. Mods to include full yoshimura exhaust, heated gloves hookup, new gearing for better low end acceleration, and colored lights through out ( she loves colored lights!) Recently we were out riding and her check engine light came on. Code 25 showed up for gear position sensor. I did the long 30 minute reset with keeping the bike above 25mph for 10 minute increments etc. Code went away and did not come back. Fast forward to last week and the bike died in a parking lot after we have been riding all day. Would not start back up. Fuel pump turns on, dash lights up, and will turn over ( brand new battery this year). What is getting me is the fuel level gauge will just flash with the key turned on (full tank). I've disconnected the battery to attempt to "reset" it.

Now I did just clean the air filter and replace the spark plugs which involves disconnected fuel lines, harness etc. I'm gonna take back apart on Monday and ensure all the connections are firmly snapped into place. But the bike was running fine all day with engine stops and starts through out ( gas, breaks, gym).

Note: it started right up yesterday ironically and I drove it down the driveway and back. Made it to 3rd gear and it shutoff. fuel gauge continues flashing. No check engine light present again.

What would be your first thought into diving into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1952Paul0 : Yeah, it was running great according to my wife. No symptoms to be noted. So I took it all back apart last night and didn’t notice anything not firmly snapped into place. It all looked good. So I disconnected the ECU and battery while it was all taken apart and being inspected to “reset” everything. Checked the fuses etc. Put it all back together and she fired right up. No fuel light flashing, doesn’t stall while being put into gear. I did a couple engine stops and starts to confirm it was good. Our next trip we will stay close to the house so if it decides to act up again it won’t be such a logistic nightmare.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1952Paul0 : Yeah, it was running great according to my wife. No symptoms to be noted. So I took it all back apart last night and didn’t notice anything not firmly snapped into place. It all looked good. So I disconnected the ECU and battery while it was all taken apart and being inspected to “reset” everything. Checked the fuses etc. Put it all back together and she fired right up. No fuel light flashing, doesn’t stall while being put into gear. I did a couple engine stops and starts to confirm it was good. Our next trip we will stay close to the house so if it decides to act up again it won’t be such a logistic nightmare.
Great!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts