Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We can’t expect to see any mechanical or body change for the 2018 model year considering how the Kawasaki Z650 was just launched late last year, but new buyers will get two new paint options to choose from.

Currently, both Japan and Europe have the same four paint options on offer: white, black, titanium, or lime green. Buyers in the UK market can order their Z650 in the same colors aside from green.

According to VisorDown, the new all-yellow paint option and black-and-green version will be released in Japan early August this year. Kawasaki has not mentioned if the two colours will be available outside of Japan nor did they say which existing option will be replaced by the new ones if the Japanese company decides to do so. Though from the almost identical palettes, we can assume that both will be offered in Europe and UK as well.

Aside from the paint, everything else about the beginner friendly middleweight remains unchanged; high-tensile steel trellis frame, 649cc parallel-twin engine, preload-adjustable shock, four-piston Nissin calipers with 300mm petal-type front rotors, etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Subtle hints of green on a black Kawi is always the way to go for me. Seen the Ninja H2 in person and it was about as best as that example gets. At least here on something much more affordable and attainable we can experience it for ourselves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That yellow is very interesting. I doubt that will make it to North America though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
According to this page, these appear to be the 2018 colors in the U.S. What the heck is Metallic Matt Covert Green? Army Camo Green?

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Z650-ABS

That is one ugly color and since I'm thinking of buying a new bike, I'm limited to Black?! No White, Bright Green ...or even a red or blue?
Guess I'll have to start reconsidering buying a left-over or used '17.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts