Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a z650 2020 and soon i have my big bike license. And want to remove the restriction on my bike when i get it. Just wondering if anyone know how to do it.

thx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, i have a z650 2020 and soon i have my big bike license. And want to remove the restriction on my bike when i get it. Just wondering if anyone know how to do it.

thx
There is screw in the throttle plate where the cable attaches that restricts how far you can open the throttle. It is a Torx screw. Easy to take out. That's it. If you do a search on this topic in this forum you will find some posts with photos as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is screw in the throttle plate where the cable attaches that restricts how far you can open the throttle. It is a Torx screw. Easy to take out. That's it. If you do a search on this topic in this forum you will find some posts with photos as well.
That's for pre 2020 mod. I don't have that torx screw..

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm,You have Tft display.. and Euro 5 engine?
Maybe difference between Lams and A2 bikes?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmm,You have Tft display.. and Euro 5 engine?
Maybe difference between Lams and A2 bikes?
Yes mine does have the TFT and Euro 5. You can only buy the Z as a LAMS restricted model here, which is strange as they sell the Ninja with full power as well as LAMS. However it only takes about 60 seconds to change it to full power. You may be right that A2 has a different setup to prevent tampering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's for pre 2020 mod. I don't have that torx screw..
View attachment 5418
Pyror,
I had another look at the position of the screw I've been referring to. It's actually at the very top (in the 12 o'clock position) but behind the throttle cable pulley and is a little hard to see. In your photo, it would be not be able to be seen. I still believe it may be there in your bike. Have another look to confirm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, no screw's on top. The arm (that's hit the screw on your bike) doesn't hit anything on my bike. S

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done that this year. There is no screw, its restricted solely by mean of fuel map. I wanted to get it done in legal way so went to the authorized dealer. Thing is that they apply to HQ in Japan or wherever it is, once its approved dealer receives a code card only for that specific bike. Afterwards dealer connects the ECU to internet and HQ confirms it has been done in correct way. Something like that;) Anyways at the end of the day you get official certificate of engine power reinstatement and with this paper you can legally register it with full power. Entire operation can be done in one day but I've waited almost two weeks to get the code card. Total cost 110 EUR. (in Poland, EU)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done that this year. There is no screw, its restricted solely by mean of fuel map. I wanted to get it done in legal way so went to the authorized dealer. Thing is that they apply to HQ in Japan or wherever it is, once its approved dealer receives a code card only for that specific bike. Afterwards dealer connects the ECU to internet and HQ confirms it has been done in correct way. Something like that;) Anyways at the end of the day you get official certificate of engine power reinstatement and with this paper you can legally register it with full power. Entire operation can be done in one day but I've waited almost two weeks to get the code card. Total cost 110 EUR. (in Poland, EU)
Ohh okay thx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts