Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I adjusted mine, all I did was remove the right side plastic cover and the coolant overflow bottle. From there I had a friend hold the back tire off the ground balancing on the kickstand while I adjusted it with the tool from under the seat.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I adjusted mine, all I did was remove the right side plastic cover and the coolant overflow bottle. From there I had a friend hold the back tire off the ground balancing on the kickstand while I adjusted it with the tool from under the seat.

Hope this helps!
Yes, it helps. I removed the right plastic cover, removed the bolts that hold the coolant reservoir, and I got easy access to the pre-load adjuster. They should revise the manual.

I set it on the fourth notch.

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On the same subject I guess, has anyone out there fitted a rear shock on a 2020 Z650? The roads where I live can be a bit rough and the Z isn't the softest ride.
I fitted a YSS front fork kit and it softened the front but I'm finding it difficult to get an adjustable rear shock.
I'm sure the Ninja is similar but any info would be appreciated.
Thanks and RIDE SAFE.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have you tried to turn the preload adjuster to the first notch? That will probably soften your ride. Follow the steps I outlined above to access the adjuster. Or is the Z650 in the Philippines not equipped with pre-load adjustable rear suspension?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeh, did that as soon as I got it from New. Now I fixed the front, the rear is bucking a little, bet hey, it's OK with a pillion on board so it's not so bad.
Just frustrating lol
Thanks 👍👍👍

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You must be very light. I’m 5‘ 6.5” and 162 lbs. I had to adjust mine to the 4th notch to make my ride a little stiffer to account for the side cases and top box that go along with my ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I really screwed up on mine. I'm not even sure what notch I'm on as I kept turning it and it kept slipping. I opened up the left side and pushed down with the c span tool. I am not sure if that even adds load. I'm a pretty heavy dude and im trying to set it to 6 or even 7. Does anyone know how I. An tell what it's at now? I added 2 pictures. The pic with the intact full white dot was where it was at originally. I think I literally turned it a whole notch. Dumb question but Does the preload just reset to its original spot if I keep turning it?

Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts