Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!!

As I was hooking up my new front turn signals last night and i came to the step where i needed to tap into a wire on the headlight. I couldn't seem to figure out which of the 4 i should use.

The headlight has 4 colors. Red, Blue, Green, and Black.
Black being obviously the ground.
Red I assumed was a power wire, but to what? The low beam, high beam, or DRL.

As I researched online I found an article that showed what Kawasaki's typical wire colors are and what they go to.

It said:
KAWASAKI
tail – red
brake – blue
left signal – green
right signal – grey
high beam – red w/black stripe
low beam – red w/yellow stripe
ground – black w/yellow stripe

I went and checked the harness on the bike and sure enough. The colors on that bike were different than the headlight. They were Red w/black stripe, Blue with yellow strip, solid red, and Black. So i new right away which wire was the high beam on the headlight, then i assumed the blue with yellow stripe was the low beam, the solid red must be the DRL and the black was the ground. So I plugged the head light back in to see what colors paired with what. The Blue wire on the headlight paired with the solid red on the bike harness.

So I took a chance and tapped into the blue and i was 100% RIGHT for once in my life lol

So if you are looking to tape into wire on your 2020 Z650 headlight. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello there!!

As I was hooking up my new front turn signals last night and i came to the step where i needed to tap into a wire on the headlight. I couldn't seem to figure out which of the 4 i should use.

The headlight has 4 colors. Red, Blue, Green, and Black.
Black being obviously the ground.
Red I assumed was a power wire, but to what? The low beam, high beam, or DRL.

As I researched online I found an article that showed what Kawasaki's typical wire colors are and what they go to.

It said:
KAWASAKI
tail – red
brake – blue
left signal – green
right signal – grey
high beam – red w/black stripe
low beam – red w/yellow stripe
ground – black w/yellow stripe

I went and checked the harness on the bike and sure enough. The colors on that bike were different than the headlight. They were Red w/black stripe, Blue with yellow strip, solid red, and Black. So i new right away which wire was the high beam on the headlight, then i assumed the blue with yellow stripe was the low beam, the solid red must be the DRL and the black was the ground. So I plugged the head light back in to see what colors paired with what. The Blue wire on the headlight paired with the solid red on the bike harness.

So I took a chance and tapped into the blue and i was 100% RIGHT for once in my life lol

So if you are looking to tape into wire on your 2020 Z650 headlight. I hope this helps you out.
nice when you win one!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts