Kawasaki Z650 banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
$300 is crazy I just had mine done and paid $179. Most people consider the first one the most important so I wanted the service record of a dealer doing it. In case I ever want to sell it.
Wow. That is cheap. I'll call the dealer close to home to see how much would they charge. I can get behind $179 but not $300.
Thanks for posting the price to give me some idea on how to bargain :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did my first service today myself.. used Kawasaki regular 10-40 and Kawasaki filter.. nothing looked funky in the break in oil..I just purchased this bike with 800miles on it..found it took just shy of two us qts..put a small amount of oil in the filter before screwing it on..oil 8.59 a qt..filter 12.95..not bad I'd say..also bought Kawasaki chain lube at 10.50.., adjusted the chain and lubed it.. checked the rest of the bike over.. washed it blew it off with the leaf blower and put 80 miles on it..I'm loving it already!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, finished a ride today with 653 miles on the Z, so drained the oil, whilst performing all other maintenance listed. Installed the new filter, added 1 3/4 quarts of oil for starters to check level. Started it up, let it run a few, waited for the oil level to appear in window, never did. Emptied the 2nd quart bottle in, barely visible at bottom of window. Specs say it takes 1.9 qts with filter change, or 1.8 litre. Has anyone else noticed this? Or have you just filled it until it appears in window? Which is what I am doing, but that means the owners manual and s/m is incorrect. I'm kinda anal about these sorts of things. The service manual says 2.4 qts only when doing an overhaul with dry engine.
I take it that you let the bike rest for a few minutes before checking the window? Your post does not indicate you have switched off and waited it more reads you where still running the engine while looking in the glass which would not be a good thing to do.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts