Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious - what does one use in order to be able to cycle and flush the old brake fluid out from the ABS module?
Not really up for triggering the module when on the road lol.

Folks on the Yamaha, BMW, Triumph forums speak of a dealer software or OBD II tool that they can hook up to their bikes in order to turn the ABS module into service mode - after which they perform the front and rear flush as normal and get the entire system flushed out.

Couldn't find any mention of additional software in the service manual either..!

Thoughts?

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
The way to go is to flush it as normal as if there is no ABS unit on the bike. You open the fastener slightly (and close after each pump of brake lever) on the front line while pumping the front brake lever and with a little tube over the nipple to drain brake fluid away into a bottle. Repeat until there is no more dirt in front line system. Then do the same with the back brake line system. I am going to drain my wife's Z650, but I have a fancy gadget that I connect to my compressor that suck out the brake fluid till the line is clean while keeping the reservoir topped up with new clean fluid. With my gadget it normally take me about 10 toe 15 minutes to complete the job on my bikes. My BMW K1600 GT Sport has a totally different way to flush and replace the brake fluid..... You need to do it in a seqence because of the ABS unit that work differently. My Honda NC750X DCT ABS 2022 model work the same as the Z650.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.