Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi… looking for some advice. I purchased some bar mirrors and they don’t seem correct. Can anyone tell me where to buy new ones? The ones I bought just didn’t seam to fit right and didn’t retain the bar weights. New biker so unsure. 2019 model

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
Should help:

Most aftermarket mirrors will be able to be fitted with a little creativity. Probably won't find something that will work with the oem bar ends out-of-the-box.

Just my opinion, but most of the amazon mirrors I've tried (quite a few) weren't very good, or didn't hold up well. It's worth it to get quality ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi… looking for some advice. I purchased some bar mirrors and they don’t seem correct. Can anyone tell me where to buy new ones? The ones I bought just didn’t seam to fit right and didn’t retain the bar weights. New biker so unsure. 2019 model
Should help:

Most aftermarket mirrors will be able to be fitted with a little creativity. Probably won't find something that will work with the oem bar ends out-of-the-box.

Just my opinion, but most of the amazon mirrors I've tried (quite a few) weren't very good, or didn't hold up well. It's worth it to
Should help:

Just my opinion, but most of the amazon mirrors I've tried (quite a few) weren't very good, or didn't hold up well. It's worth it to get quality ones.
thanks… it’s trying to even find the quality ones I’ve been looking for a few days now for replacement but not sure where is best to buy

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
post up what you purchased. someone might have purchased the same ones or may be able to help.
That's a really good idea, we'll probably be able to help get what you've got on there.

If you want a suggestion for high quality, CRG is usually the goto answer, but if you've already got something, it'd be worth it to give it a shot.

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
Once you get the bar-ends off, there's a length of it you could attach to:
Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Like in the video, you'll need to put a piece of PVC on it to increase the diameter a bit so the mirror can clamp on to it:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

I think the mirrors you have are similar to the video, so I'd give it a shot. I had a pair like them and they were better than some others I've tried.

The pieces that the mirrors are currently clamped on to won't be used, just the mirrors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s makes sense mate thanks because a have them fitted but don’t feel the most secure… so yeah al try a extra bit of PVC. Appreciate the help guys thanks

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
I would clamp the mirrors directly to the OEM bar ends (with PVC for more diameter) and use them. I'd throw away the bar ends that came with the mirror (after you're sure you got them mounted ok).

Be sure to watch the video, he's doing exactly what you are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts