Kawasaki Z650 banner

After 474 Miles On A 2017 Kawasaki Z650 ABS

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  amire 
#1 ·

Most motorcycle reviews takes place within the span of a day or two and sometimes, that may not be enough to get a good feel of the bike. That’s probably why Stephen Krcmar published his Kawasaki Z650 review on Men’s Journal after logging 474 miles over a few weeks.

With a new engine, clutch, trellis frame, swing arm, brakes, wheels, handlebar, seat, tank, and dash. The Kawasaki Z650 is a strong contender against rivals like the FZ-07 and SV650, all costing around $7,000 and offered with ABS as an option.

Through the twisting roads of the Angeles Crest Highway, and sometimes on 100-mile rides, the Kawasaki Z650 felt comfortable thanks to an accommodating seat height of 30.9 inches.

Of course at some point, all riders will go through city streets and the Z650’s mid-range tuned 649cc parallel twin engine should provide you with plenty of grunt (48.5 lb-ft of torque) at the light and when you’re coming out of turns. Constantly downshifting through the six-speed gearbox shouldn’t tires out those fingerer overly much as the slipper clutch feels light.

After so many miles, they have found the 2017 Kawasaki Z650 to be a great bike for new and intermediate riders.

See less See more
#2 ·
Initial feelings on a bike is usually enough to help someone decide if it's the right bike for them, though longer rides would give you time to get a good feel of the ride performance and ergonomics. It's one thing to sit on it and another to spend a few hours on the seat.

#3 ·
474 miles = 762,829056 km.

I've been riding my bike for around 900 km which is 559,234073013600635015184631816... miles ;)
It feels better and better! The first service is at 1000 km. Just waiting for the moment when I'm "allowed" to rev over 4000k...

Bonus ;)
[flash=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpwa0je6_Y[/flash]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.