Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one making aftermarket shocks for this bike yet (other than Hyperpro)?

I see Ohlins has a cartridge kit for the forks but I am wondering if there is anything to help the rear.

I have a 2007 Ninja with a Ohlins shock and in the process of getting a ZX10R front suspension installed. I like what I have seen on the Z650 so far and may opt to buy one and turn the other bike into more of a track bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know there are suspension upgrades for the corresponding Ninja 650. I have seen a KTech cartridge and rear shock available. I am interested in turning my Z into my track bike so I know I will need to do some upgrades. I would love to do a front end swap but, I haven't seen anyone do it yet. So far I have only done one track day on the Z and I had a blast. The biggest issue for me was a lack of confidence in the stock Dunlop's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know there are suspension upgrades for the corresponding Ninja 650. I have seen a KTech cartridge and rear shock available. I am interested in turning my Z into my track bike so I know I will need to do some upgrades. I would love to do a front end swap but, I haven't seen anyone do it yet. So far I have only done one track day on the Z and I had a blast. The biggest issue for me was a lack of confidence in the stock Dunlop's.
Did you scratch stock foot peg?

·
Registered
17 Posts
For what it’s worth, I have the Hyperpro progressive springs front and rear, and for me they made a world of difference. I opted for the cheaper set, not the individually tuned set since I’m still growing into the bike, but my goal was to get the seat a bit lower without compromising the suspension geometry, and they worked wonders.

27 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone tried to swap the stock rear suspension for a used one from another bike model? I was thinking about swapping it for a Zx6r rear shock - can find them very cheap at EBay and they are fully adjustable.
Do you think it fits perfect?
Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
310 Posts
Check the dimensions of the shock body and the mounting holes. If it's the same or really similar it should work. Let us know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts