Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I've ordered an exhaust from Polish manufacturer Dominator And let me tell you this, for the price, this is surely the best exhaust possible, the tone in it is crazy, installation is easy as well (Although I think they messed up by not making an installation manual/video).Don't feel any power loss at all, great quality and badass looks.

In couple of hours I'll post a video on this thread, so you guys can enjoy it as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright guys, I've ordered an exhaust from Polish manufacturer Dominator And let me tell you this, for the price, this is surely the best exhaust possible, the tone in it is crazy, installation is easy as well (Although I think they messed up by not making an installation manual/video).Don't feel any power loss at all, great quality and badass looks.

In couple of hours I'll post a video on this thread, so you guys can enjoy it as well.
Z650 Dominator

·
Registered
132 Posts
Curious - what made you go with this Polish brand vs something like a Yoshi?
Are you planning to get your bike tuned as well to correct the air / fuel ratio?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curious - what made you go with this Polish brand vs something like a Yoshi?
Are you planning to get your bike tuned as well to correct the air / fuel ratio?
Yoshi in my opinion is underwhelming for the price, when Dominator is only 500$ and adds more bass/aggressiveness to the bike, also great looks. And not as common to see as Yoshi, I'm pretty sure there's only couple of those in USA which makes it feel more exclusive.
As informed by manufacturer, no tune is necessary, although I'm considering getting one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yoshi in my opinion is underwhelming for the price,
I agree with you, all of these brands, Yoshi, Akrapovic, Arrow, Black Widow, Two Brothers, AM Motor, Mivv Souno, Delkevic, etc. charge in excess of $1,500 for an exhaust.
when Dominator is only 500$
Only? I make my own for under $50.00. Do all those exhaust companies think that they are the only ones who can cut & weld pipes?

and adds more bass/aggressiveness to the bike, also great looks. And not as common to see as Yoshi,
I'm pretty sure there's only couple of those in USA which makes it feel more exclusive.
Exactly, most people love to pay for a name
As informed by manufacturer, no tune is necessary, although I'm considering getting one.
Yes, I was told a similar thing, that the ECU is not flashable, but I'm searching what can be done to tune it after installing an after market exhaust full system.

Did you get any codes or any strange behavior after installing the after market exhaust?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you, all of these brands, Yoshi, Akrapovic, Arrow, Black Widow, Two Brothers, AM Motor, Mivv Souno, Delkevic, etc. charge in excess of $1,500 for an exhaust.

Only? I make my own for under $50.00. Do all those exhaust companies think that they are the only ones who can cut & weld pipes?

Exactly, most people love to pay for a name
Yes, I was told a similar thing, that the ECU is not flashable, but I'm searching what can be done to tune it after installing an after market exhaust full system.

Did you get any codes or any strange behavior after installing the after market exhaust?
I agree with most of the stuff you said here, however, for a full exhaust system with carbon fiber exhaust 500$ is definetely is on the low side, you don't need to weld to get an exhaust for 100$, you can buy headers and slip-on on amazon and enjoy that, but there's a difference between factory made quality product for motorcycle and some handmade system that will not look as good, function as good, sound as good 90% of the times. For me I prefer paying for what I'll enjoy, even if it makes a 400$ difference, if getting too stingy you might end up unsatisfied, or just paying twice.

As for strange behavior, nothing is there. Headers have lambda, so O2 doesn't catch any issues, however you know that motorcycle is running lean, sometimes you can actually feel it. They run very lean from factory, and exhaust makes it noticeable

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with most of the stuff you said here, however, for a full exhaust system with carbon fiber exhaust 500$ is definetely is on the low side, you don't need to weld to get an exhaust for 100$, you can buy headers and slip-on on amazon and enjoy that, but there's a difference between factory made quality product for motorcycle and some handmade system that will not look as good, function as good, sound as good 90% of the times. For me I prefer paying for what I'll enjoy, even if it makes a 400$ difference, if getting too stingy you might end up unsatisfied, or just paying twice.

As for strange behavior, nothing is there. Headers have lambda, so O2 doesn't catch any issues, however you know that motorcycle is running lean, sometimes you can actually feel it. They run very lean from factory, and exhaust makes it noticeable
Thanks for your info. I end up buying a cheap one for like $116.00 I already had a Slip-on that fit it perfectly. I installed it today, sounds great and the bike runs great also, no codes or strange behavior, very torquie and fun to ride.
I may have it tune in the future but for now I'm very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts