Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my National Cycle deflector screen for a bit more protection from bugs for my jacket, and added a small bicycle bag to the side for the garage door opener and other small bits. Also, added a helmet lock to the frame where the rear peg bracket was. I'll try to download a pic, having problems with sizing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know, I don't really like bar end mirrors, because you have to move your head more to see them, kinda outward and then down. And they're smaller so not as big a picture to see what's coming. I have mirror extenders on the stock ones and they work great, past my shoulders and elbows and a quick glance gets the view. In the old days I liked the Stadium bar end mirrors, which folded inward when needed and didn't change the setting when folded back outward.

·
Registered
231 Posts
They do become a pain, you're right. Often not really worth the aesthetic appeal after a certain amount of time haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That motorcycle bag is perfect! I've been having to shove my garage door opener in my jacket and taking it in and out becomes a hassle. It looks like OGIO branding but I couldn't find it anywhere. Do you mind sharing where you got the bag from? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bags were on ebay, listed as "top frame front pannier saddle tube bag"; sold by "loveuten-0". They are made to fit over bicycle center frame, so I cut them in half. They fit perfectly on the 2 side panels, I used two 6mm screws that were as thin that I could find. Not really a clearance issue but didn't want to wear a hole in the coolant recovery tank, then covered with duct tape on the inside.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my helmet locks on ebay. Made simple bracket to mount on left side using bolts for the passenger peg mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts