Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without a full "engine crash guard" set, the only place I can see to mount them would be the engine mount bolts, where my frame sliders are. Thinking of rigging up something that can clamp around the inner side of the frame sliders and attach a footpeg from there.
I'm planning several long trips this summer and highway pegs would be greatly loved.

Something like these?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed some OES Accessories frame sliders on my 2017 that are basically round cylinders about 2-2 1/2" in diameter and 3" thick on the right and 4" thick on the left. I use them just as they are as an alternate set of foot pegs. I find it makes for a very comfortable and well balanced riding position for a brief period to get some relief when my legs start to cramp, my knees ache, or by rear is sore from sitting in the saddle. I bought them on Amazon for maybe $30-50 about 3 years ago. Mine have green/white graphics on black sliders that blend in so well with my white bike and green trellis frame that they look like an OEM part rather than an accessory. They stick out further than most frame sliders I have seen, but they also totally protect the bike from a garage dump. I do not know what would happen in a lay down. You can test the concept easy by just sitting on your bike and putting your feet on the trellis frame where it mounts to the front of the engine. Imagine you had a foot peg coming straight out of that bolt. It should be clear and they are probably still on Amazon, but if not I could try to send a picture. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts