Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i got my bike a month ago 2019 version.

What i quickly realize is poor braking, rear ones NOT the front. Front stops my bike like someone inserted a rod between rims.
The rear brake seems to not work, i've experienced the shudder , i.e ABS kicking in, but my brakes feel like they arent working. I've to press VERY hard to get braking.
I swear to god i could've stopped my KTM DUke without abs anywhere at exact spot i wanted. This is also the reason im very afraid to take my bike to high speeds and riding it only on commuter speed for now.
Pls. help, is it faulty or is it normal, if its normal what can we do about it ? cause abs on or off it feels the same. Rear brake just doesnt justify itself pressed so hard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check or replace brake pad. Happen to me beforr my brake pad was contaminated by chain lube.

I did my first servicing today, they said no issues. But the brakes are still not working as i expected. I made sure the mechanic rode it b4 and after servicing he said they're working fine.

Its got me confused, are such poor brakes on a 650 cc acceptable ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its the same for my 2017 model.

Super soft until I go all the way down and then GRABBBBB...which in turn activates ABS lol.

The front brakes are fine though...!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My brake ok. Maybe brake level need adjusting? Your is the ABS version so use the front brake 90%braking power and 10% rear brake. No need to worry front brake locking the tire. I use the rear brake at parking lot. Must use front brake under normal riding. Seldom brake with rear brake only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think the lack of bite is an issue, a combination of front and rear must be used while stopping the bike anyways with front doing most of the work. I remember reading a 70-30 role of the front-rear brakes. Would recommend you using both together, I have the 2019 version too and in my experience the brakes are excellent at stopping the bike even from high triple digits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts