Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm in market for naked 650cc's, originally was looking for MT07, but stumbled upon 2018 Z650 with 650 miles, at price of 5900. My question is to people that have ridden both or have enough knowledge to help me out, what are the benefits and downsides of Z650, I sat on one, and I liked it, but haven't ridden one yet since I still didn't get my license, but I don't want to miss this opportunity like with last MT07 I was about to purchase. I'm 6'5, at about 185 pounds, so if there's tall riders here, you're welcome to give me your output as well.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
The MT07 will have a bit more power, 689cc vs 649cc but IMO the assist and slipper clutch on the z650 makes up for this. You might feel a bit cramped on either bike. I'm 6' and even with a bagster seat, while infinitely more comfortable than the stock seat, I still need to stretch after about an hr.

If your getting it from a dealer see if they will throw in the factory 'ergo-fit extended seat' as a condition of the sale.

You mentioned you don't have your license yet; If you have zero motorcycle experience, you may want to look at a z400. You will likely progress your skills faster and in general its more fun to ride a slower bike fast than a faster bike slower . But the mt07 or z650 isn't beyond the reach of a complete novice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I also would be concerned about the legroom comfort at 6'5. I get that you like the style of bike but you might need to find something with better seat to peg distance like the Versys 650 or MT-07 Tracer or V-strom 650.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm in market for naked 650cc's, originally was looking for MT07, but stumbled upon 2018 Z650 with 650 miles, at price of 5900. My question is to people that have ridden both or have enough knowledge to help me out, what are the benefits and downsides of Z650, I sat on one, and I liked it, but haven't ridden one yet since I still didn't get my license, but I don't want to miss this opportunity like with last MT07 I was about to purchase. I'm 6'5, at about 185 pounds, so if there's tall riders here, you're welcome to give me your output as well.

Thanks,
Really impressed with my new Z650. I have come down a by around 400 cc however I`m finding it very adequate and really responsive handling. As for your height you really need to get a test ride to be honest. atb, paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts