Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I adjusted my chain today. Got it all setup nicely with hash marks matching and all. Then I go to tighten the axle nut. And the **** hash mark on the axle moves (slight play in it to begin with) how do I know it's setup properly. Which mark should I go with. Pre axle tight or post axle tight? Here's a video of what I mean.

https://youtu.be/qNtiIDG1iYs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tighten the nut to the point where the plastic marker thing doesn't (or more: can't) wobble around anymore and then tighten the chain accordingly, only then tighten the nut with the torque wrench

·
Super Moderator
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I loosened the axle nut two full rotations (RED mark on top two turns). What you are saying is that I over loosened the axle nut?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to high jack this thread and if this seems like a dumb question...

I’m working on a chain adjustment and have everything set up. My question is about the torque. My 27mm socket takes a 1/2 inch driver (I used with a 1/2 inch breaker bar) however my torque wrench is 3/8 inch driver. Am I good with tightening the 22mm side (fits my torque wrench) to 79.9 ft/lb of torque?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please ignore this message. I gave myself a dummy slap after realizing I could just get a 3/8 to 1/2 inch adapter. Problem solved. Ride safe out there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts