Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have an error 33 which indicated o2 sensor problems. If I buy the sensor myself and change it will the code disappear itself, or do I need to get a Kawasaki dealer to reset it for me? Just wondering if doing it myself will save money or better to get a garage to do it?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CEL's can be reset by starting the bike, letting it idle for at least a minute, and then riding it above 25mph for an additional 9-10 minutes. Turn off and repeat two more times and the engine light should reset on your fourth startup. You can let it idle for up to 5 minutes, and then ride it above 25 mph for at least 5 minutes, but your total time of idle/riding has to add up to over ten minutes. I did it all in one swoop but you could technically just let it idle for a minute before you ride it and eventually it will go away after a few rides (assuming you fix the problem). Otherwise, a Kawi tech has to reset it for ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried this but it didn’t work, but thanks anyway. I took it to the local dealer and they reset it for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dang I'm sorry. I was going from memory I hope I told you right. Next time I'll go straight from the service manual. It worked for me when I needed it. My closest dealer is 100 miles away so I hope it was easier for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts