Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some buildup of condensation on my oil level plate, it's milky looking. I used the oil to wash it off once and changed the oil but it's comeing back. The weather has been above and below freezing lately but I don't know if that's the reason or not. Is some amount of that normal or should I get it checked out right away?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, it's not good. It may just be a bit of condensation arising from infrequent, short rides -- not long enough to heat up the engine to operating temp. Or, you could have a blown head gasket allowing coolant in to the crankcase. Is there any evidence of oil in the cooling system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's not good. It may just be a bit of condensation arising from infrequent, short rides -- not long enough to heat up the engine to operating temp. Or, you could have a blown head gasket allowing coolant in to the crankcase. Is there any evidence of oil in the cooling system?
I'm going to check that tomorrow but it has definitely been short frequent rides where the temp doesn't go over 150 because of the weather, I let it warm up every time but it doesn't reach 200.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve had the same issue. Likely the condensation is from the short rides. I also had a milky look to my oil, not creamy but it did look a little off. I also found white solids at the bottom of my coolant overflow reservoir. The milky look may be some coolant getting into the oil, but not necessarily the blown head gasket. I’ve had my bike tested and everything checked out. It really bothered me until they gave me the all clear and I decided to let it go. Buildup in the overflow never came back and that was all 3-4000 miles ago. I have a 2020 that I’ve put 9000+ Miles on

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ve had the same issue. Likely the condensation is from the short rides. I also had a milky look to my oil, not creamy but it did look a little off. I also found white solids at the bottom of my coolant overflow reservoir. The milky look may be some coolant getting into the oil, but not necessarily the blown head gasket. I’ve had my bike tested and everything checked out. It really bothered me until they gave me the all clear and I decided to let it go. Buildup in the overflow never came back and that was all 3-4000 miles ago. I have a 2020 that I’ve put 9000+ Miles on
Short rides mate. It`s common

1 - 5 of 5 Posts