Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my first night ride last night, I found out that the LED lighting on the dash is so bright. So when I got home I went to the Menu and tried to adjust the display brightness. Well, there are only three brightness level options. There is no auto brightness option depending on ambient light or time-of-day. I set it to the medium brightness. We’ll see if it’s good enough for bot day and night riding. I didn’t ride today because it’s so windy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is ambient brightness... That's what the sensor on the bottom of the display is for.
Anyway I always use the black screen with while numbers while it's night instead of the white screen

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is ambient brightness... That's what the sensor on the bottom of the display is for.
Anyway I always use the black screen with while numbers while it's night instead of the white screen
Mine is set the same way but the tach, speedo, and all the numbers and letters were so bright. It didn’t automatically dim the display on a peach dark night on the rural stretch of the highway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stand corrected. There is an ambient light sensor at the bottom of the display. I used a super bright LED flashlight to test the behavior of the display brightness in my dark garage and the display brightness adjusts accordingly. Now, with my brightness setting in the middle, hopefully it won’t be too bright at night. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts