Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that my DFI light, the red arrow and the yellow engine light, is on when the ignition is on but the bike is not running. When I start the engine it goes away. I have the service manual and the self diagnose mode is to change to the main odometer and then hold both of the buttons to see the service code. But when I do that, it just goes to the speedometer display selector and I don't get an error code.

Would the light come on without an actually issues? Should I take it to the dealership to get them to read it with the meter, or just try to reset the light on my own?

It's a 2018 and it has 1100 miles on it. I took it to the shop for the first maintenance at around 700 miles. Don't know if the light has been on since or it just came on recently. I just noticed it recently.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
308 Posts
I attached 2 images. 1 is when the key is in the on position and you can see the DFI light and after I turn the engine on, it goes away. And when I press the 2 buttons when it is on or off, it just goes to the speedometer selection. Here is a short video https://imgur.com/a/q07kMEq
This is normal. There is no oil going into the system so it turns on until you turn it on, once it's pumping it turns off.

This is a pic of mine since day one every time I turn the key and engine is off.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts