Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2019 Z650 and I noticed that the temp is really high at idle. It is not hot where I live (Around 60F) and the fan doesn't kick on till it's 1 block away from the top. Do any of you have this problem as well? The bike has ~4,000 miles on it and has been "broken in". And I haven't been doing any crazy riding with super high RPMs either.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z650
5 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Z650 and I noticed that the temp is really high at idle. It is not hot where I live (Around 60F) and the fan doesn't kick on till it's 1 block away from the top. Do any of you have this problem as well? The bike has ~4,000 miles on it and has been "broken in". And I haven't been doing any crazy riding with super high RPMs either.
Mine does the exact same thing. I dont think its a "problem". I believe its just how they operate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newer bikes run pretty hot due to emissions. Sounds like yours is running fine. Mine will kick on normally past 210-215 degrees F and drop it back down to 200.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got mine when it was really cold so didn`t get so high but now the weather is warming it`s getting right up to 5 bars which was a little disconcerting. The fans seem very quiet I was wondering if it was cutting in, but sure enough it does. It would seem we are worrying for nothing as others are experiencing the same read outs but for sure I will mention it when the first service comes up. However as others have the same readings it would seem to be that it`s ok. I have an infra red thermometer I`ll check the temps out if they are not right I`ll reply again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you've got 5 bars on the gauge, plus the red triangle light comes on, you've got trouble. Just the 5 bars? All is well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts