Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

My 2018 Z650 is making a ticking noise that increases in speed as engine RPM increases. It seems to get slightly louder when the bike is hot. No performance issues whatsoever, just the noise. It has fresh oil as of a couple hundred kms ago and the level is good. The bike only has 1750km on it so I can't imagine it's valves or the CCT. I also checked on the exhaust manifold bolts and they are all torqued to spec. Does anyone elses Z650 make a similar sound?

Here's a video:

Cheers!

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
13 Posts
Your link isn't working but I can tell you that I started noticing a ticking noise at higher speeds about a month after I bought a brand new 2019 Z650. I haven't noticed any issues though so I think it's normal. Would be nice if someone else could weigh in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I know what you're hearing, Ibhad the same worry when I had my old ninja 300 and now that I have the same thing on my z650 i dont worry about it. We have a chain spinning around a sprocket, bouncy signals and wires running all around or through our bikes, none of it shielded by any kind of sound proofing. It could be any of the above. If it gets louder over time or you begin to FEEL the ticking while riding thats when I would worry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Kawi's tend to tick more than other bikes. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it is. Doesn't hurt anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts