Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki z650 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago i was working on my 2018 z650 and I disconnected the battery and It seems that I’ve left the plus wire a little loose when I reconnected it back because when i tried to start my bike yesterday it wouldnt start until i tightened it.
After i drove it for a couple of kms the check engine light came on amd it gave an 62 error code.
I tried to disconnect the battery for a half minute then reconnecting and back and the light was still on.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem and can tell how to fix it or point to the right direction

·
Registered
53 Posts
A couple of days ago i was working on my 2018 z650 and I disconnected the battery and It seems that I’ve left the plus wire a little loose when I reconnected it back because when i tried to start my bike yesterday it wouldnt start until i tightened it.
After i drove it for a couple of kms the check engine light came on amd it gave an 62 error code.
I tried to disconnect the battery for a half minute then reconnecting and back and the light was still on.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem and can tell how to fix it or point to the right direction
In the service manual under code 62, the very first thing listed is to make sure the battery is charged. This must mean a weak battery will throw off the actuator.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Font

If this is the case, it will be a few drives before your CEL goes away. As long as you tightened the terminal, you should be good. Make sure you let your bike idle for at least a minute before you put it in gear and start moving. This will help reset the light quicker. 3-4 drives of 10 minutes at over 25mph should reset your light (assuming that the loose connection at the battery is the root of your problem). Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts