Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Z650RS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USA spec. 2022 Z650RS, and I was going to try a booster plug to see what happens. Pretty cheap and easy, and if I don't like it, it comes right off.

HOWEVER, the folks at booster plug can't sell me one because they don't know if I have a Euro 4 or Euro 5 bike.

Is there any way to tell?

Thanks guys!

Brian

In Tucson

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
There's a sticker on mine (2017) that says it conforms to EPA emissions under the seat. Worth a look to see if the newer models say anything about the Euro spec.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

You could also contact Kawasaki directly. See the right hand side of this page for email, phone, etc: Find Answers

My guess is it's Euro 5 because I think that went into effect a couple years ago, but can't be sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks! I'll look under my seat when I get home. I called my dealer, they don't know, but are going to call Kawi Thursday.
I emailed Kawi, no answer yet.
I'm betting you are right, though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! I'll look under my seat when I get home. I called my dealer, they don't know, but are going to call Kawi Thursday.
I emailed Kawi, no answer yet.
I'm betting you are right, though.
Definitely Euro 5. All Z650s from 2020 onwards are Euro 5 which in my understanding means no booster plug available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello briann.souza,
you can take any "tools" or booster plugs for euro 5
upward from the MY 2020 standard model Z650 with LED-
Frontlight, also exhausts for your RS.Your bike is Euro 5!
Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello briann.souza,
you can take any "tools" or booster plugs for euro 5
upward from the MY 2020 standard model Z650 with LED-
Frontlight, also exhausts for your RS.Your bike is Euro 5!
Mike
I wrote Booster plug and told them to give me a part number for my 2022 with Euro 5 emissions. Waiting for a response.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Brian,
"BoosterPlug Kawasaki Ninja 650 (2020),
PRODUCT NUMBER: KAWASAKI-A205"
for EURO 5 Modelsfrom MY2020 upward..

If you have questions about the Z 650 RS
feel free to contact me, i use the original
Service Manual from Kawasaki USA...
and i am also a owner from the RS since february...
regards from germany, Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Brian,
"BoosterPlug Kawasaki Ninja 650 (2020),
PRODUCT NUMBER: KAWASAKI-A205"
for EURO 5 Modelsfrom MY2020 upward..

If you have questions about the Z 650 RS
feel free to contact me, i use the original
Service Manual from Kawasaki USA...
and i am also a owner from the RS since february...
regards from germany, Mike
Mike,
You are some kind of awesome! Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got this from the Booster Plug web site. I'm a little concerned.

"
But with the new emission restrictions that are enforced from 2021, it is a legal demand that all sensors are monitored, and the manufactorers are obliged to build monitoring systems into the ECU and make sure they flash a warning in the dashboard if any of the sensors are showing signs of being tweaked.

So the sad news is that a BoosterPlugs for the "2021 and newer" motorcycles will sooner or later flash a permanent warning in the dashboard - so the only reasonable solution is to accept that we can no longer launch the BoosterPlug for the newest bikes ;-( "

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
Sounds like BoosterPlug isn't going to work for you. You could contact them to confirm, but that statement seems pretty clear.

I think that leaves you with a power commander or an ecu flash. I'd email dynojet and a couple of the shops that do mail-in ecu flashing and see what they say about the 2022 RS.

If you go with the power commander, it looks like they only have a stock exhaust/intake tune (you'll want to get it tuned on a dyno).

The other options are just leave it stock, or put on an aftermarket exhaust without a fuel controller.

·
Registered
19 Posts
By the way, sorry for the extra large font. I copied and pasted, and that is what came out.
From what I can tell, the PC only comes with ONE tune. Stock only. For that money, I'd like a few options.
Speaking of options, I'm willing to listen to suggestions.
Bike runs fine, but knowing its running lean kinda bugs me, and next year I want to add a catless exhaust. in order to leave the largest possible carbon footprint.
Thank you again!
Brian
In sunny Tucson

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, Brian
Yes, this ist the plug you need. The reason is that
since MY2020 all z 650 Models use the enginecode
"KE" at the end and also the RS. Also all models from
2020 upward are EURO5. The monitoring of all sensors
is since beginning with EURO4, you will have no problems
with that. Regards from germany,mike.

·
Registered
2022 Z650RS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course, I'm q little concerned. I'm ready to buy a booster plug, but on one hand, the manufacturer states it will turn on my engine light, and Mike, you seem confident it won't.

It would ease my mind a ton if anyone else has tried this on their 2022 Z650. I hope someone else will chime in.

I've Google the heck out of this, and can't find any collaborating evidence. Like the saying goes

"I want to believe"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts