Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for the exhaust, the options are limited, my question is, if Kawasaki Ninja 650 exhaust options fit the Z650's?
If not, is there anyone in here who went with headers and aftermarket slip-on here?
I know that there's also cheap Amazon/Ebay packages of headers and exhaust for like 400$, have anyone done that?

Thanks in advance, and ride safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I'm aware, Ninja 650 exhausts and Z650 are interchangeable. The only one in that platform that wouldn't be are Versys (and possibly Vulcan), because the suspension travel means there could be some fouling on the swingarm. But between Ninja and Z I don't see there being a problem.

Am using the Ixil Hyperlow L3XB on mine and absolutely love the damn thing. I have the db killers in and it still sounds great, not too loud, but nice and bassy and growly which I think suits the nature of the bike. No bad effects on fueling or overly lean that I can tell, but if you want to run any aftermarket exhaust without db killers then I would suggest a piggyback or remap.

Also as a side note, you can't get slip-ons for this bike without cutting your original exhaust in half, it's full system all the way unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts