Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for the exhaust, the options are limited, my question is, if Kawasaki Ninja 650 exhaust options fit the Z650's?
If not, is there anyone in here who went with headers and aftermarket slip-on here?
I know that there's also cheap Amazon/Ebay packages of headers and exhaust for like 400$, have anyone done that?

Thanks in advance, and ride safe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
As far as I'm aware, Ninja 650 exhausts and Z650 are interchangeable. The only one in that platform that wouldn't be are Versys (and possibly Vulcan), because the suspension travel means there could be some fouling on the swingarm. But between Ninja and Z I don't see there being a problem.

Am using the Ixil Hyperlow L3XB on mine and absolutely love the damn thing. I have the db killers in and it still sounds great, not too loud, but nice and bassy and growly which I think suits the nature of the bike. No bad effects on fueling or overly lean that I can tell, but if you want to run any aftermarket exhaust without db killers then I would suggest a piggyback or remap.

Also as a side note, you can't get slip-ons for this bike without cutting your original exhaust in half, it's full system all the way unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a Delkevic exhaust for mine, i like it but it is stupid loud. definitely will wake the neighbors.

Hey i tried sending a message to you but im new and it wouldnt allow me so i guess ill ask here about your delkevic 13'" tri oval exhaust
How do you like it, how's the sound, and how does it fit(since its a bigger exhaust and it comes at a strange angle) does it hit your back foot or the ground with a lot of lean. Im looking to get an exhaust for mine, that I just recently got, so any input and maybe some pics or a video would be greatly appreciated since not many people have it and I cant find any pictures or videos of the 13" trioval.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey i tried sending a message to you but im new and it wouldnt allow me so i guess ill ask here about your delkevic 13'" tri oval exhaust
How do you like it, how's the sound, and how does it fit(since its a bigger exhaust and it comes at a strange angle) does it hit your back foot or the ground with a lot of lean. Im looking to get an exhaust for mine, that I just recently got, so any input and maybe some pics or a video would be greatly appreciated since not many people have it and I cant find any pictures or videos of the 13" trioval.
Thanks in advance
Yeah, the fit is quite tight especially right by the swing arm but it doesn't rub anywhere. I can touch it with my shoe if I try but it doesn't touch while riding. There is plenty of ground clearance while turning no issue there. As I said above the exhaust is super loud. There is never a time when you don't hear it. I really enjoy the pops and crackles it does while decelerating but again, if your in a city environment with other traffic around you, everyone is going to hate you because of how loud it is. I usually ride with a buddy and we have cardo's and I can hear my bike through his cardo when I'm in front. Any other questions let me know.
This is the best picture I have that shows the exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply tried so send this earlier but being a new member it wouldn't allow me. Ended up pulling the trigger on it, im a sucker for pops and burbles plus its at a good price and a buddy of mine vouched for them as he has it on his sv650. If have any further questions ill be sure to send them your way thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts