Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
New to the forum, have read some discussions before, first time poster.

I bought myself a dominator exhausts to replace my Stoch exhaust. I ran into a pretty big issue while trying to get the stock exhaust off tough.
The nuts on the front header are rusted stuck pretty badly, making me unable to remove them. I thought I did get one loose, but upon closer inspection I noticed it was the rod getting loose from my engine instead of the nut getting loose...

I tried wd-40, cold shock spray, I heated
the nut with a blowtorch and cooled it off quickly, ...

Any tips on what to do? Can I safely remove the rod with the nut and get it assembled afterwards too?

Thanks community!
Pic below

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys,
New to the forum, have read some discussions before, first time poster.

I bought myself a dominator exhausts to replace my Stoch exhaust. I ran into a pretty big issue while trying to get the stock exhaust off tough.
The nuts on the front header are rusted stuck pretty badly, making me unable to remove them. I thought I did get one loose, but upon closer inspection I noticed it was the rod getting loose from my engine instead of the nut getting loose...

I tried wd-40, cold shock spray, I heated
the nut with a blowtorch and cooled it off quickly, ...

Any tips on what to do? Can I safely remove the rod with the nut and get it assembled afterwards too?

Thanks community!
Pic below

View attachment 5667
So the entire stud is spinning with the nut?

If I'm understanding correctly, yes, you can pull the entire stud out as its threaded on both ends, and replace it if needed.

z650 engine header stud - Google Search

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the entire stud is spinning with the nut?

If I'm understanding correctly, yes, you can pull the entire stud out as its threaded on both ends, and replace it if needed.

z650 engine header stud - Google Search
Yeah you understood perfectly! I already ordered new hardware too, so as soon as the stud and nut get delivered I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the dominator! I just installed that on mine about a month ago. Great sound.

No directions included but at lease the headers and Y pipe had matching permanent marker dots to show how it connects. Most trouble I had was with the muffler bracket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck and enjoy the dominator! I just installed that on mine about a month ago. Great sound.

No directions included but at lease the headers and Y pipe had matching permanent marker dots to show how it connects. Most trouble I had was with the muffler bracket.
Thanks! The kit seems pretty self explanatory so I'm confident I'll get it on!
What kind of trouble did you face? Just fitting or something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! The kit seems pretty self explanatory so I'm confident I'll get it on!
What kind of trouble did you face? Just fitting or something?
Those curved pieces were throwing me off on best fit lol. Had to put it together/apart a few times.

Plus it was 107 degrees that day so some sweaty frustration was sinking in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts