Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Shogun No Cut Frame sliders.

Broke the nut cavity in the motor mount after cross threading the nut at an angle. I had to dremel it off.

Has the integrity of the mount been compromised?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Rim Alloy wheel

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ouch...

No engineer here, so I will not venture a yea-or-nay response. I'd worry that there was some specific function to the section that broke, and no matter how minor that function may have been there's no doubt integrity has been compromised -- but the answer you need to know is... how much? I really don't know if it's "Ah, don't sweat it," or, "Dear God, do not ride that!!!"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your alright, you have only broken away the part which holds the nut when tightening the bolt ono the nut. The actual lug to frame looks ok so not structural. Seen this happen many times as long as the main part of the lug is not compromised your ok. You could clean the casing so you can get a spanner on the nut. What I always always do is use copper slip on every nut and bolt framewise that I undo . You just had a bit of bad luck with that. In hindsight a bit of heat would not go amiss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.