Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My wife really disliked the floppy/droopy stock signal lights and we both wondered if they could be mounted in the headlight pod where the running lights currently sit. Turns out that they can! I removed the running lights and wiring, then removed the signal stalks and cut the housings with a dremmel to access the wire and stock bulb. The signal mount fits snugly into the running light mount. Plugged up the holes using plastic I cut from the original fender and then plugged everything back in. Works as it should, really cleaned up the front end and the missuss is happy!

·
Registered
97 Posts
That looks pretty sweet!

Do the signal/indicator lights now function as both a parking and signal light?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great idea! I too couldn't stand the floppy front directionals. I just wish I saw this before I cut my wires and installed aftermarket flush-mounts. They did however fit into the stock housing with minor dremel work. But still, I could have saved some money. Did you cover up the stock mounts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea! I too couldn't stand the floppy front directionals. I just wish I saw this before I cut my wires and installed aftermarket flush-mounts. They did however fit into the stock housing with minor dremel work. But still, I could have saved some money. Did you cover up the stock mounts?
Yep! I cut blanks out of the old plastic fender. We put a tail tidy on the bike and the fender was just kicking around. I used the mounting bracket from the old signals to secure it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I must be one of the few that actually like the factory indicator design, lol.
I think TST industries make an LED design replacement as well...either way glad to see we have other options now : )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts