Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Z650 2020 and XT250
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i just put a deposit on the Z650 so I guess I will soon be kitting it ( heated grips, windshield, rack so I can strap a roll bag on the back…).
i have had few Kawasaki in the past: the Versys MK1, then the Mk2. I also had an ER6N that was a blast.
I was set on another Versys but…. The new version is so huge and bulky, it is too much top heavy for poor little me. I am already getting rid of my current bike (MT07 Tracer) for this same reason.

I intend to use the Z650 for long trips around Europe and Turkey, so I will make it into a touring bike.
i am not yet sure about the riding position. It might be tough on the wrists ( that was my only issue with the er6n). But I will see how it goes.
talk to you all soon 😁

Maria

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Maria, nice to see another female Z owner. I’m also in the UK Suffolk/Essex border.
I’ve only just bought my bike, gone from a 390 Duke to a 2021 Z650 I wanted the lime green wheels ☺. I have a Kawasaki rack and top box in as new condition if you’re still looking for kit for touring ☺

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Maria, nice to see another female Z owner. I’m also in the UK Suffolk/Essex border. I’ve only just bought my bike, gone from a 390 Duke to a 2021 Z650 I wanted the lime green wheels ☺. I have a Kawasaki rack and top box in as new condition if you’re still looking for kit for touring ☺
Hi both! Another female z650 rider here 👋 I'm from Norfolk/suffolk border. Fairly new rider, passed last year 🤘

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi both! Another female z650 rider here 👋 I'm from Norfolk/suffolk border. Fairly new rider, passed last year 🤘
Hi Emma, I’ve been riding a while but not that much as finding my bike too heavy for parking up etc until I downsized to the Duke 390. Got my confidence back on that and now looking forward to riding my Z650 once the nicer weather returns. I’m only 15 mins from Ipswich so could maybe meet up Thetford way for a coffee one day on a ride out. I don’t have any friends who have bikes for rides out except push bikes 😆😂

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Emma, I’ve been riding a while but not that much as finding my bike too heavy for parking up etc until I downsized to the Duke 390. Got my confidence back on that and now looking forward to riding my Z650 once the nicer weather returns. I’m only 15 mins from Ipswich so could maybe meet up Thetford way for a coffee one day on a ride out. I don’t have any friends who have bikes for rides out except push bikes 😆😂
👍 I found the z650 really light but I think it's because I learned on an MT07 which I loved but that was a heavy bike. Although I'm considering getting mine lowered a bit because I can only reach the floor with both feet on tip toes so not great when we go to ride outs! I actually only live about 15 mins from Thetford funnily enough. The place I went most last year was Sunny hunny. We also went to Copdock motorcycle show which was awesome, did you go?
😂 I don't think push bikes would keep up! 🤣

· Registered
9 Posts
👍 I found the z650 really light but I think it's because I learned on an MT07 which I loved but that was a heavy bike. Although I'm considering getting mine lowered a bit because I can only reach the floor with both feet on tip toes so not great when we go to ride outs! I actually only live about 15 mins from Thetford funnily enough. The place I went most last year was Sunny hunny. We also went to Copdock motorcycle show which was awesome, did you go?
We didn’t get to the show last year, think we were away but hope to this year. As you’re so close to Thetford we definitely should get a meet up, Brown’s café is a good one. Met a couple of bikers there last year when we were heading up to friends in Skegness. One of the guys had a Ninja 650 almost brand new and let me have a sit on it. I couldn’t believe the seat height and light feel and that’s wha led me to get my Z later in the year.

· Registered
9 Posts
Not sure how far Maria is in Lincolnshire, a fairly big county but we could sort an East of England Z meet up 😆

1 - 9 of 9 Posts