Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really screwed up but I don’t know what I did.... After installing the fender eliminator and all panels were back in place, I re-installed the seats. Then I realized that I forgot to put back the tool bag back to its place so I tried to unlock the rear seat but it does not unlock. It seems like the linkage to the latch is not grabbing the locking mechanism. What can I do now?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion but that does not help. When I turn the key, it seems like it’s not grabbing/pulling anything inside.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone send me a picture showing the locking mechanism under the rear seat? Maybe I can guide a coat hanger with bent end to unlatch the lock???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to open the rear seat. I loosen the left rear panel to see what’s going on with the key mechanism. Well, the cable was was off cable stay clip that’s why when I turn the key, nothing happens because the cable housing turns with the key turn. I used a long nose pliers to make it stay and pull the latch that locks the seat. After the seat was out, I guided the cable back to its clip.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice - thanks for sharing!

FWIW, I removed that tool bag...as I didn't find it necessary.
Might use that space for something else like a Rapid Bike or Power Commander later down the line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts