Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going down road near my home (thankfully) on my 2020 Z 650 ABS and I lost all my engine oil on my motorcycle shoes and jeans. (PPE 馃憤馃憤) Pulled over had towel in my saddle bags I have on the bike and let oil cool and cleaned up off of muffler and engine. Very easy on the bike rode the two miles and got bike home. This piece from the side of the engine came loose and popped out. Does anyone know what part is called so I can order, replace, and add new oil to get my bike back on the road. Any help here is very much appreciated. Thanks guys and ALWAYS my fellow motorcyclists "keep the rubber side down"
20210529_202528.jpg

Registered
Oil filler cap. Not exactly the most exotic piece on the machine, and one you should already know well if your bike is going to last for any time.

Registered
I don't know what it is, but it's definitely not the oil filler cap, you can see the oil fill cap in the bottom left corner of this picture.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The oil filler cap is more toward the back of the bike near the oil level inspection piece. There's two components there that are flat and have slots to unscrew if you look on your guys bike. They are threaded and can be taken off for whatever reason but if they aren't tight they will leak and or come out as seen on my bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still having problems finding the name of the part.. Here is the best picture I could find from another part on a motorcycle website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts