Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm considering putting a slightly bigger rear sprocket on my 2020 z650 as I rarely use the top end and would prefer some more low end grunt and acceleration. Is this advisable for the z650?
Has anybody done it or can give me some good advice? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi chop.
If u know u can really handle the bike 10/10 I'll say go ahead, bigger sprocket will increases the speed and handling is hard while cornering, the problem is bigger sprockets used by your own whish or only by some street racer type riders or by the wheely guys bcz they just stay in 2 or 3rd shift/gears only.
Thanks

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650 2017 RC390
60 Posts
You may get a CEL if you change the gearing ratio too much. I don't remember the tolerance off hand, but I went down one tooth in the front, got the CEL, reverted back.

Going down one tooth in the front did not make a worthwhile difference; I was shifting constantly. I think this bike is already geared low.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may get a CEL if you change the gearing ratio too much. I don't remember the tolerance off hand, but I went down one tooth in the front, got the CEL, reverted back.

Going down one tooth in the front did not make a worthwhile difference; I was shifting constantly. I think this bike is already geared low.

Nice one Mat, I'll sack that idea then, cheers mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts