Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my HVMP bar end weights installed. I bought new internal weights too, but surprisingly I was able to re-use the existing internal weights, because I cracked through the red threadlocker trying to get them off.

They weigh 14.45 oz, versus the stock 6.65 oz. So basically I added around 8 oz to each end. They're supposed to reduce handlebar buzz/vibe.

Got to give the blue threadlocker time to cure, then I'll see if I can tell any difference.

Steve from HVMP was great. They didn't make any weights for the Z650 when I contacted them, but he was able to put some together that would work. He even gave me a discount for being their guinea pig.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Fisher, any luck dulling down the vibes with this?
Yes. There's still some noticable buzz at certain RPMs, but I feel like they helped. Seems to be dampened enough now that it's not bothering my throttle hand as much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got my HVMP bar end weights installed. I bought new internal weights too, but surprisingly I was able to re-use the existing internal weights, because I cracked through the red threadlocker trying to get them off.

They weigh 14.45 oz, versus the stock 6.65 oz. So basically I added around 8 oz to each end. They're supposed to reduce handlebar buzz/vibe.

Got to give the blue threadlocker time to cure, then I'll see if I can tell any difference.

Steve from HVMP was great. They didn't make any weights for the Z650 when I contacted them, but he was able to put some together that would work. He even gave me a discount for being their guinea pig.
After you removed the internal weights, what was the process you used to put them back in? I messed up on my bar ends and ended up ordering new internal weights and all four bushings... Just trying to figure out the best route for re-installing. Might take it in to the shop because the clips are so delicate as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts