Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike new about a month ago and couldn't hold off on starting mods. I did a ton of research between this and Akrapovic but really liked the deep sound of the Yoshimura better. I don't know if they changed the O2 sensor location or my wiring was a little longer but the 02 sensor wiring length was perfect. I've seen several posts about having to reroute it due to it being tight but mine was fine. I also noticed they no longer pack the exhaust in expanding foam, at least mine wasn't. I planned on trying it without the DB killer first and then adding it if it was too loud. After hearing it without the DB killer I'm not sure I'm going to even try installing it. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but just from starting it in the garage the pipes are already starting to change to a nice shade of gold.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice!

I had the Yoshi installed as well..loving it so far!

Thanks to Tremonte for all his headway into these mods : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have also installed a Yoshimura Alpha exhaust on the 2018 z650 and ran into an issue. The bike wont start anymore. At first, it was because I blew an FI fuse. replaced it and it started right up. i rode it maybe 100ft down the street and it died. Wouldn't start once again. There is an engine light. I have charged the battery. The bike is getting spark, receiving fuel, and i have installed the Dynojet fuel controller(with Ninja 650 Yoshi map). I have no idea why it still wont start.
Please let me know if you might know anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts