Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new seat in after waiting what seemed like forever. I chose to do a full vinyl cover vs the leather because my bike lives outside and I didn't want to deal with treating it. After riding it about 2 hours and it was substantially better than stock, but still had a sore butt after. Time will tell if it breaks in and feels any better.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
40 Posts
Looks pretty nice. How cushiony is it? I really need something for some of the day-long touring trips that I do.

Reactions: ImLaura!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks really nice. It'll have to go a long way to beat my standard-seat-plus-lightly-inflated-AirHawk pad for comfort, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty nice. How cushiony is it? I really need something for some of the day-long touring trips that I do.
It's not very cushiony, it is quite firm, I'm only about 140 lbs with my gear on and it doesn't give hardly at all. But that's how it's supposed to be, it doesn't give out after hours of riding, it holds it's shape unlike the stock seat that all the foam compresses and you are basically sitting on the hard pan underneath. I plan on doing some weekend long trips soon, I'll report back after I've spent all day on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went on a 500+ mile trip over the weekend, man this seat is worth every penny! Had no soreness or uncomfort the whole trip. I stopped and rested about every 100 miles and wasn't sore the whole trip

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
40 Posts
Whoo nice! I might have to get one now…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks amazing! I swore I'd just ride mine for a bit (at least during the break-in - bought mine with 2 miles on the odometer) - only put twenty miles on her from the dealer home, but didn't get sore (I'm 5'10" 195lbs) anywhere but a bit of numbness in my throttle hand (normal for me, I need to remind myself to ease up on the grip). Pretty comfortable in terms of leg room (I have a 34" inseam) so not too cramped. May go with a taller seat later on... but likely mods will go on this winter after the season is over.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking to sell this seat if anyone is interested. I love this seat but I sold the bike and I put the stock seat back on when I sold it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts