Kawasaki Z650 banner

Jacket

11K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Chdglvr 
#1 ·
Did anyone receive the jacket from the promotion yet and did you or the dealer send it in ?

#13 ·
Received ours yesterday!
It looks nice and it's cool that it matches the bike, but I think my current riding jacket from Joe Rocket is better made and the armor is thicker. I think Kawi valued it at $395 but i wouldn't buy it for that much. IMO. So thankfully it was free!
Not a bad toss on for a short ride or to go to a meet kind of thing.

The last picture is the inner liner which can become a neat and light little long sleeve to toss on. My gripe on that was the fact the liner is only attached by 3 buttons total instead of being zipped in or something. Inner liner also has green Z emblem on the back as well and the sleeves are cloth, not puffy like the chest part.

Attachments

Reactions: 2305
#17 ·
I bought my z650 a day before the cutoff of the promo (August 30). My dealer sent in the info to Kawasaki (proof of purchase date). I ended up calling Kawasaki (1-800-802-9381) and talked to the lady, who verified my VIN number, address and size I needed. I haven't received it yet, but will give you a review of it when I get it. Anyone who has purchased recently (on or before August 31, 2017) might check with Kawasaki to see if you had qualified for the Jacket (That is if your Dealership was a participant of this promo and if they sent in your information to Kawasaki). Worth checking.

#18 ·
Got mine last week. Impressed with the quality, especially for a promotional item. Wore it once and it was nice but extremely hot even without the liner. Will have to wait till late fall/early winter to use it due to being in Oklahoma. No biggy though. One less thing to buy this year.

#20 ·
I just got my jacket today, and it is definitely not the same as the one pictured further up the thread. Its pretty well make, and the reflective stitching on the back is straight up voodoo. Completely black stitching but is bright white when a picture with the flash is taken.

The jacket itself is Kawasaki branded, not Z branded. A bit more subtle from the back and sides, but has a big kawasaki text across the chest.

Wore it today with the vents open, and even in the 95+ f temps, it was just fine. A bit less airflow than my cheap scorpion mesh jacket, but way better made, and still not hot as long as I was moving. Quite comfortable even for a long ride.

#23 ·
I received my jacket within 2 weeks of filing in my paperwork. It took a week for my bike’s vin to show up in their registry. Forgot to fill in my size, a rep from Kawasaki called me directly. Looks like a fall jacket for me. Still to warm here in Nevada to wear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.