Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I recently had an incident involving a wheelie that resulted in some tank and fairing damage. I picked up a tank from a 17-21 Ninja 650 on eBay that's in decent condition...but haven't pulled the trigger on a fairing kit yet.

I've been able to locate new fairing kits here:

Motorcycle Parts Accessories - Fairing and Bodywork - Kawasaki Fairings and Bodyworks - Kawasaki Z650 Fairing Bodywork (2017-2019) - Mad Hornets

...alongside some ridiculously expensive individual pieces on eBay. I was hoping someone had a link (or links) to other options I may have. It seems there's a plethora of options for NINJA 650 fairing kits...but not so much for the Z650.

Thanks in advance!

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Grey Floor Font Automotive exterior Flooring Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Urban design

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J 2017 z650 2017 RC390
9 Posts
I might have some bits you can have. My bike is black, though. Let me know if you're interested. I don't need any money for them.

At least the radiator shroud is the same color (grey'ish)

See my post in the new member introductions to see what I've removed. Pretty sure I still have most of what I removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have some bits you can have. My bike is black, though. Let me know if you're interested. I don't need any money for them.

At least the radiator shroud is the same color (grey'ish)

See my post in the new member introductions to see what I've removed. Pretty sure I still have most of what I removed.
That's so f*ckin' awesome of you, I'm definitely interested! 🤘

Any fairing pieces you're able to spare from the left side of the bike I will gladly take off your hands, all I ask is that you at least let me pay for the shipping, lol.

Thanks a ton sir. Shoot me an email!
[email protected]

- Andrew

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's so f*ckin' awesome of you, I'm definitely interested! 🤘

Any fairing pieces you're able to spare from the left side of the bike I will gladly take off your hands, all I ask is that you at least let me pay for the shipping, lol.

Thanks a ton sir. Shoot me an email!
a.stri[email protected]

- Andrew
Hello all! I recently had an incident involving a wheelie that resulted in some tank and fairing damage. I picked up a tank from a 17-21 Ninja 650 on eBay that's in decent condition...but haven't pulled the trigger on a fairing kit yet.

I've been able to locate new fairing kits here:

Motorcycle Parts Accessories - Fairing and Bodywork - Kawasaki Fairings and Bodyworks - Kawasaki Z650 Fairing Bodywork (2017-2019) - Mad Hornets

...alongside some ridiculously expensive individual pieces on eBay. I was hoping someone had a link (or links) to other options I may have. It seems there's a plethora of options for NINJA 650 fairing kits...but not so much for the Z650.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 5474 View attachment 5475 View attachment 5476 View attachment 5477 View attachment 5478 View attachment 5479
Wow man, that sucks, I'm sorry. I had an accident, lowside about 5 month ago where I messed up whole left side of my Z, my radiator and my handlebars. I will take a look if I have anything in my garage that is intact and let you know, if anything it's probably that plastic that goes under the seat and tank, I don't think anything else is in reusable condition. Btw, will tank from Ninja 650 even work on z650? I thought they're way different, and would be surprised if that's a match.

Good luck with rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow man, that sucks, I'm sorry. I had an accident, lowside about 5 month ago where I messed up whole left side of my Z, my radiator and my handlebars. I will take a look if I have anything in my garage that is intact and let you know, if anything it's probably that plastic that goes under the seat and tank, I don't think anything else is in reusable condition. Btw, will tank from Ninja 650 even work on z650? I thought they're way different, and would be surprised if that's a match.

Good luck with rebuild.
Thanks brother. I was playing with fire doing wheelies and whatnot, now I'm paying for it...lol. Luckily my radiator and handlebars didn't receive much (if any) damage. If you've got anything lying around that isn't being used let me know! I appreciate that.

It's my understanding that the Ninja 650 and the Z650 are essentially the same bike, with the exception of the front cowl and fairings of course. I'll certainly let you know how it fits when it arrives. I think it'll be here tomorrow. I verified Kawasaki part numbers on PartZilla also and the two bikes share the part number for the tank.

Ninja 650: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2017/ninja-650-abs-ex650khf/fuel-tank
Z650: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2017/z650-abs-er650hhf/fuel-tank

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J 2017 z650 2017 RC390
9 Posts
Here's what I got. One of the two pieces on the left were sprayed with truck bed liner.
Purple Sleeve Textile Pink Violet

I should be able to stop by a ups store this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts